With ever changing hectic life and daily schedules, it is tough to secure a good night sleep for many young millennials. But it’s not the hectic schedule alone that is to be blamed for the disturbed sleep cycle. In many cases, the deficiency of vitamins and minerals are equally responsible for the sleep deprivation. In fact, due to lack of sleep, it is often not easy to get out of the cozy bed in the morning and carry on with your work. The result is feeling lethargic at work the whole day. Therefore, change in lifestyle and intake of important vitamins are very essential for an effective sleep cycle.
Here are some of the tips for improved lifestyle and injection of some of the top vitamins and minerals in your daily routine.
Vitamins needed for a peaceful sleep:
Magnesium is very important in the body to cure insomnia. If the levels of magnesium are not appropriate in the body, the sleep pattern will get disturbed now and then, and there will be a lot of stress and anxiety. It so happens, that magnesium in the body helps in inducing GABA in the body, that is a neurotransmitter, which helps in inducing sleep. This, in turn, relaxes the muscles and eases down the stress in the body. If your diet is not giving you an appropriate amount of magnesium, it is good to take some magnesium supplements for a peaceful sleep at night.
Vitamin B is responsible for the production of melatonin in the body. If the levels of Vitamin B are appropriate in the body, you will be able to get a good night sleep, and it will control your rapid eye movement as well. The rapid eye movement gives rise to the condition of waking up in the night, now and then. Further, the presence of vitamin B6 in the body cures insomnia and relaxes the muscles of the body as well. Take some vitamin B supplements or through the natural source to cure the deficiency completely.
Calcium is a relaxant and is completely natural in nature. The main advantage of calcium is that it keeps your bones healthy. However, it calms down your brain muscles as well and gives you a good sleep. It eases down the nervous system because of the production of melatonin. When you drink a lot of caffeine or soft drinks, the calcium function in your body goes for a toss. It does not allow the calcium to work properly on your body. Thus, there is a need to reduce the cups of caffeine and soft drinks in your life. You need to drink a lot of milk and eat other dairy products so that the calcium deficiency can be cured.
Tips to improvise your regular lifestyle:
Exposure to natural light:
- Absorbing the appropriate amount of natural light is important. So, hit the bright sunny day as it will alarm you regarding your time to go to sleep. If you are someone, who is struck with a major issue of sleep, this one trick will work out for you well.
- If you are on the phone before going to bed, it won’t let you sleep and will alarm your body that, it is daylight. The blue color on the screen stops the body from producing Melatonin. Thus, it is important to go to bed and keep the screen away from you 2 hours before bedtime.
- Exercise will help your body to get tired and get a good night sleep. It will channelize your energy levels in the morning hour and will reduce it by the end of the day.
- Adding in exercises into your routine will boost up your metabolism and will hike up the manufacture of cortisol in your body. It is important to exercise during the day time or in the evenings. This way, you won’t feel energized near bedtime.
- If you are working on a hardcore exercise routine, you will be able to sleep in a better way. However, exercising for 15 minutes will help in the improvement of sleep as well.
Curate a pattern:
- If you create a pattern of going to bed and sleeping, your body will understand the routine, and your sleep will get accustomed to that routine.
- Following a set pattern of sleeping will be really difficult for you initially, but by working on to it, you can improve it and the quality of your sleep will improve as well.
Chill routine during the dusk:
- Formulate a pre-sleep routine. This will help you out in going to bed in a calmer way. Just read a book, watch a movie, meditate or do yoga before going to bed. These techniques of relaxing will help you out in curing insomnia and improving the quality of sleep.
- Do not do the same activity before going to bed every day. Have different sleep activities and implement them weekly. Otherwise, it will get monotonous for you and you will lose interest.
Improve the sleep environment:
- Simple changes in the ambiance of the room can give you a good night sleep. Just dim the light a bit or change the curtains and you will be able to get a nice sleep at night.
- If you want to improve the environment of the room, then it is best to keep the bed comfortable. The comfy bed will tempt you at night to go to sleep. Use minimal artificial lights and use natural light as much as possible.
- Try to keep the noise levels down as well. If the noise levels are irritating you, then try to use ear mask or earplugs for the noise reduction.
In a nutshell, these tips and techniques will surely help you out in getting a good night sleep and cure insomnia. Once you follow these, you will be a morning riser. Try them one by one and then see the difference. Figure out what is the best technique for you, and you will be able to decipher some fantastic ways to a healthy lifestyle. Go ahead and grab on some peaceful sleep at night and wake up fresh in the morning.